Saturday, August 6, 2016

Getting started

I went to a two day conference this week.  After seeing all different technology ideas, some of which were new and some were just reminders, I began wishing I had my blog going again and could just write.  It's hard to find time to write what you are feeling; what's going on in your life.  So much has been going on.  I would hope that what I share could be inspiration to others.

The other thing that I took away from the conference is a renewed sense of doing what's best for student success.  I love my job.  I'm an Enrollment Manager for a local community college.  The bad days are lots of complaints about instructors who didn't do their job well.  The good days are me being able to help students reach goals, be successful, get an education, and strive to be more than they ever thought they could.  I was once that student, so turning around and helping others that were like me seems fitting.

I love technology.  All the fun little gadgets that are being created daily make me wish I had gone into programming.  The idea that what is in my mind, or someone else's, can be put into a program and be available for all to enjoy or play.  Just remember, you are never too old to play.  I often have students complaining that my class is geared toward a high school student who just graduated.  The majority of the questions are just thought provoking questions, but I do like to have fun.  I'm playing Pokemon now, so I posted an announcement on catching all the points possible in class.  After all, "gotta catch 'em all".

This site will hopefully become an informative resource for students and teachers alike.  I will try to keep it current and give you something to learn each time you visit.  Subscribe/Follow so you won't miss out on anything.  I know how busy we can all get.  I have three children (my son is in the Army in Germany now), 1 dog, and 4 cats.  I'm married, work full-time, part-time as an instructor, and take care of my invalid mother who doesn't live with me, but is only 10 minutes away.  More about all of that later, but there's the basics.

I hope you check back often and if you have any suggestions, contact me.

Stay tuned,
Sharon

1 comment: