Thursday, August 11, 2016

Fun with Google Apps and Extensions

I found so much information today to boost me forward in my quest to find everything google and to engage students.  One thing that is often overlooked in education is to take time for yourself.  Students lead very busy lives and as a student myself, don't take time to enjoy life.  Today was an exception.  I created an assignment week where students are going to explore what they love.  In doing so, I ran across a website that talked about many different google apps and extensions that can help calm the mind, focus you, or just let you experience stuff in a different way.  I'll have to post more on that later, but for now...here are my fun projects.

The is Sketchpad 3.5.  It is a google app that allowed me to practice Caligraphy and just unwind.
And my new favorite: InspirARTion.  One of the best parts of this app is that it allows you to save the image with a transparent background to add to anything or to save with a white background.  And using Pixlr Editor, I edited some pictures that I took of the kids
This is dude...saved with a white background.


Just start drawing and see what happens- This is a screen shot of what I drew.

One horn short of a unicorn...oops

Just using a different brush stroke

Tried a back version of something





Ashley's senior picture

I took out Ashley, edited the background, and created a trail.

Dude showed up on the trail. :)

There are so many more that I want to tell you about, but this is all for today.  Login to one of the apps and play for yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment